Request research by E-mail, regular mail or by telephone, or come visit us in person.
Print a copy of the Research Request Form and mail to:
Douglas County Historical Society
1219 Nokomis St
Alexandria, MN 56308
Request research by phone:
Call us at (320) 762-0382
Or come visit us in Alexandria, Minnesota.
Monday thru Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Our researchers can work with you on-site. Call ahead to check availability, or let us know your schedule. Call: (320) 762-0382.
The Douglas County Historical Society’s Research Library provides a friendly atmosphere for the novice researcher and the experienced genealogist! Our knowledgeable and experienced research volunteers can get you started on all your needs.
Research fees may be paid in person, by mail, or over the phone by credit card. (Call Kim or Annie at 320-762-0382.)
Members’ Research Fees
- Membership fees are $30 per year for an individual and $50 for a family.
- Research Fees for Members:
- $10 – On-site research per day
- $15 – Phone research per request
- $15 – E-mail research per request
Non-Members’ Research Fees
- $25.00 – On-site research per day
- $25.00 – Phone research per request
- $25.00 – E-mail research per request
Other Research Information
- Experienced research staff members are available for assistance.
- Wi-fi is available for our research guests
- Research request results can be scanned and emailed to you in pdf or jpg format, or sent by US Postal Service – Postage and photocopies are an additional fee.
- Photocopy fees:
- $0.50 per copy for 8.5 x 11 BW
- $1.00 per copy for 8.5 x 11 Color
- $1.50 per copy for 11 x 17 BW
- $2.00 per copy for 11 x 17 Color
Click HERE to see a list of our library resources.